Tommy Hilcken April 23rd, 2013
Recently I was giving a talk and whenever I do I always pay tribute to the particular wise men (and women) who have made their way into my life.One of those wise men I had the pleasure of meeting and studying with was the legendary motivator Zig Ziglar. Zig would often talk about living the “Over the Top” kind of life.I started thinking, what would an “Over the Top” lifestyle look like?, feel like?, and be like?
Here is the way Zig put it!
You are over the top when…
• You clearly understand that failure is an event, not a person; that yesterday ended last night, and today is your brand-new day.
• You have made friends with your past, are focused on the present, and optimistic about your future.
• You know that success (a win) doesn’t make you, and failure (a loss) doesn’t break you.
• You are filled with faith, hope, and love; and live without anger, greed, guilt, envy, or thoughts of revenge.
• You are mature enough to delay gratification and shift your focus from your rights to your responsibilities.
• You know that failure to stand for what is morally right is the prelude to being the victim of what is criminally wrong.
• You are secure in who you, so you are at peace with God and in fellowship with man.
• You have made friends of adversaries, and have gained the love and respect of those who know you best.
• You understand that others can give you pleasure, but genuine happiness comes when you do things for others.
• You are pleasant to the grouch, courteous to the rude, and generous to the needy.
• You love the unlovable, give hope to the hopeless, friendship to the friendless, and encouragement to the discouraged.
• You can look back in forgiveness, forward in hope, down in compassion, and up with gratitude.
• You know that “he who would be greatest among you must become the servant of all.”
• You recognize, confess, develop, and use your God-given physical, mental, and spiritual abilities to the glory of God and for the benefit of mankind.
• You stand in front of the Creator of the universe, and He says to you, “Well done, thou good and faithful servant.”
From Zig Ziglar’s book, Over the Top
I stated to Zig…I want to thank you for changing my life. He looked up at me and said “You changed your life! I laid out some principles that you took action on, and in turn… changed your life.” Is there an area in your life you would like to change? Looking for something, MORE? BETTER? DIFFERENT? Reach out…give me a call…shoot me an email. I would love to share what I’ve learned along the way. Together we can make our way “OVER THE TOP”
Until next time, keep the faith,